Monday, January 5, 2009

Real Talk:

Somewhere between 3am and 4am last night I was forcing myself to go to sleep . I was tossing and turning wide awake like an insomniac. My TV was still on and I just happened to start watching this girly flick. I was craving a girly flick all day and the closest thing I got was The City on MTV. I mean don't get me wrong it's a cool show because I am into fashion and a girl I used to work with is on it (which by the way I'm very proud of you chicky !), but let's face it. Most 20 somethings in New York do not live that life, especially when some of us don't have real jobs anymore.
Anywho, So back to this movie. I have no idea what it is called cause it was during the time of the night when the description says "no data". The fact that she was designing shoes was what made me watch it. The girl was left a widow . She tried to keep herself busy as much as she could to not think about it. She was all about becoming successful. One day she realized she was alone. Everyone around her had someone and she was alone . Her best friend was getting married and she was alone . I felt it hard. That's exactly how I feel somedays : alone. The only thing that was missing were her single friends. Like, hello where were they?
A close friend of mine hit me up last night . She felt out of place because she was alone. Everyone around her had someone . The advice I gave her "Start hanging out with single people . You will feel much better. They will never make you feel lonely and they are more sympathetic. I read it in Cosmo. Trust me it works. " She thought it was silly of her to feel that way. I think it's pretty normal and that all single people feel that way , as much as we try not to. The most we can do is to not put ourselves in that situation.
I love my attached friends to death and all but they honestly some just make me feel like you have to be attached to someone to be happy , to get you gifts , take you out to dinner and blah blah blah . Oh and let's not forget : that ring , that ring , that ring , as if that ring is going to help feed and bring peace to the children in Gaza. Geeeez, even Married Beyonce sings about the ring. The only reason single people love that song is because of the beat and the dance. I lost count on how many times an unattached person has told me "I hate this song."
It's ok to feel lonely sometimes but not all the times. Lighten up and Grab some of your single friends . We live in one of the biggest cities in the world , not everyone is attached. Don't go out hoping you will find someone. It doesn't happen like that. It only happens when it's your time and you least expect it. Just go out, have fun and live for the moment , trust when I say you will have less lonely days to look forward to.

No comments: