Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Season of Letting Go...A Dear John Letter.

The old saying is that if you love something, you should let it go free. If it doesn't come back, you never had it. If it does, love it forever. Doug Horton said that. You probably don't know who he is...I guess that doesn't matter.

No one who reads this blog (with the exception of Iran) may even know who I am. That's the true beauty of it, I guess.

Tis' the season of Letting Go. Forgiving and forgetting. Loving and letting be. There has to be that time when I can look at him (you) and tell myself that no matter how much I love him (you) - I must let him (you) go. Regardless of how perfect he (you) can be. I will always end up hurting him (you).

I know, it sounds corny and cheesy and complicated. But this is what we have been since the first day he touched me. It gets harder and more difficult the more I see you. I guess this is why I've distanced myself. To get away from you. That unsure feeling.

So what to do with a relationship that's been destined to doom from the start? I know the answer to that...

...I have to let you go.

1 comment:

BuzyGurl said...

OMG you made me cry ( i cry like a sucka these days ) ... cause I recently just made the choice of letting go. Not because I was hurting him but because I was hurting myself. If it's meant to be one day, he will just have to come back .. cause I have completely let go.