Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Girl or Grown Woman ?

I got this email from a friend. Pretty nice. I think all women should read this. I myself am a grown woman. Except for one thing (it's in bold) . Your mouth just probably dropped cause I said this. The key to being grown is to be truthful to yourself first. I have to admit I have been working on this . I refuse to chase aimlessly now-a-days. I refuse to chase at all. I am just chillin, like I said before , if love is meant for me , it will find me. When it finds me I will know. There have been many preposterous men or shall I say boys in my life that have helped me figure out what I really want. These guys were what I thought I wanted but the truth was that they were no where near. Thanks guys, without you I would have still been like a lot of "in a relationship" girls making themselves believe that they are happy when they really aren't. For me to really give my time to a man he needs to stand out and prove to me that he is not the ordinary dude, without trying too hard. The fact that it will be within his character to treat me with respect and be honest with me would seriously draw me closer.
I read this poem and I laughed cause I do know a lot of "girls" and they just don't get how unearthly it is to act that way. I am hoping this post wakes some of them "girls" up.

Girls want to control the man in their life.
Grown women know that if he's truly hers,
he doesn't need controlling.

Girls check you for not calling them.

Grown women are too busy to
realize you hadn't.

Girls are afraid to be alone.
Grown women revel in being alone;
using it as a time for personal
growth.

Girls ignore the good guys.
Grown women ignore the bad guys.


Girls make you come home.
Grown women make you want to come home.

Girls leave their schedule wide-open
and wait for a guy to call and
make plans.
Grown women make their own plans and
nicely tells him to get fit in
where he can.

Girls worry about not being pretty
and/or good enough
for
their man.
Grown women know that they are
pretty and good enough for any man.

Girls try to monopolize all their
man's time (won't let him hanging
with his boyz or take a step without her).
Grown women realize that a lil' bit
of space makes the 'together
time'
even more special-and goes to
kick it with her own friends.

Girls think a guy crying is weak.
Grown women offer their shoulder
and a tissue.

Girls want to be spoiled
and tell their man so.

Grown women show him and make
him comfortable enough to reciprocate
without fear of losing his 'manhood'.

Girls get hurt by one man and
make all men pay for it.
Grown women know that he
was just one man.


Girls fall in love and chase
aimlessly after the object of their

affection, ignoring all 'signs'.
Grown women know that sometimes
the one you love doesn't always love you

back and they move on without bitterness.


Girls will read
this and get an attitude.
Grown women will read this and
pass it on to other grown women.

No comments: