Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"Is there anything I can do for you today?"

I recently just finished watching Groundhog Day for the first time. I have attempted to watch many times before. I have lost track of how many times. I just couldn't stand sitting there watching the same thing happen , over and over and over again. When I finally finished watching it, I was able to see the lesson behind it. You only live once, so do what you want to do today. Stop holding things for tomorrow because tomorrow may never come.
My favorite line of the movie was: " Is there anything I can do for you today?" when Bill Murray's character Phil tells Rita when he finally wakes up in bed and she is still laying next to him. Tomorrow finally came but there was no guarantee that another one would come after that. "Is there anything I can do for you today?" is something a lot of people should think about when treating someone they like/love. Treat your mate with love TODAY, not yesterday or tomorrow.

1 comment:

John Marshall said...

That's so fitting that you got that lesson from a movie you kept putting off finishing. awesome.