Monday, February 22, 2010

Mujer 2000 - Beef Pastelitos

Time: 20 minutes
Serving: about 20 small ones , 10 large ones
How much: about $12

There are two parts to this recipe. The dough and the filling. Since it was my first time making anything, I decided to skip out on making the dough and concentrate on the filling. I substituted the dough but buying some La Fe Dough disc. You can find the dough disc in the freezer section of your supermarket. Another “short cut” I did was not make any seasoning. I was going to do it at first, and buy peppers, garlic and onions but then I found out that you can buy “complete seasoning” already made by Goya , also at your local supermarket. Ay, yeah I know, I look like a lazy bum, but give me some time to be able to make a whole meal from scratch.

Ground Beef-
Ingredients
1 pound of meat (pork, chicken , or beef)
1 chopped up onion
1 chopped of red pepper
3 smashed garlic cloves
chopped vegetables
2 smashed peppers
2 spoons of salt
1 spoon of european salt
1/2 spoon of oregano
1/2 can of tomato soup
raisins ( i added this)
Preperation:
Season the meat with salt , oregano, and european salt
Sauté the seasoning a little and add the meat, moving it until it loses the red color and routs
Add the tomato soup
move it well and cook at low fire while uncovered until it becomes soft
serve as stuffing or main course

Mujer 2000 Project - Pastelito from buzygurl on Vimeo.

No comments: