Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Social Network

I finally went to see The Social Network , and I went alone. Yes, went to the movies alone for the first time. I was very impressed with myself. The whole time I have been waiting for my current "ex-movie buddy" to come see it with me but kept getting flaked on. I had to remind myself that I came into this world alone , and that if I really want to do something , I shouldn't have to wait for anyone. I do not always wait for someone , but there are times when I just do not want to do something alone, like for example go to a nice dinner. I spend a lot of time by myself these days, I don't understand why it never occurred to me to just go. It took me to get really pissed off to act on it. 

In addition to learning how to go to the movies alone this movie gave me so much motivation to get up off my ass and work it off. I am not going to lie but I have been slacking, i've been giving minimal effort instead of giving maximum effort to my projects just cause I haven't been feeling up to it. You know people handle things differently. I become anti social and lazy when life doesn't seem to be going right and other's keep busy so that they won't have to think of things. That's what Mark Zuckerberg did. Instead of wondering around aimlessly because of his unhappiness he submerged himself into this project and worked non stop and something great came out of it. 
Earth to me. Where the hell am I going to go sitting here thinking about life and creating all this negative energy around myself? It is time to get up and go get the life I want to have, if I don't do it no one will do it for me. If I am doing a great job now, I can do a better job working harder. 
 " Creating a job is better than finding a job." - The President of Harvard University (The Social Network) 

No comments: