Monday, August 30, 2010

Food for thought

I pay attention to the things that come at me a lot. Sometimes it's a little bit much but it's something that leads me to living my life on purpose. Life lessons are always there in front of your eyes. How often do you pay attention to them? Here is one that has been in my face all weekend and the first thing I read when I woke up this morning:


Our attempts to control people, situations and outcomes is one of the biggest self imposed blocks we can create to prevent all the good stuff from finding us.
 
The only thing we have control over is our attitude, everything else is outside of our realm. When we accept reality as it is we then gain the perspective and power to change our reality.
 
When we let go and let people decide for themselves and stop holding on to people who don't want to be held on to we create serenity in our lives. We also create room for those who WANT to be with us.
 
Let go, let people choose for themselves. Show up, do your work and surrender the outcome.
 
Making this one choice will bring tremendous benefit to your life. - Mastin Kipp 

No comments: