Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Recession Proof Business

I was just reading the New York Times and came upon this article, I had to check Rent the Runway out. I immediately thought how smart and awesome this idea of renting dresses for special occasions was. In today's tough economy it's hard to start a business that will work when no one has the funds. The fact that I can rent a dress for $50- $200 dollars for four nights is amazing. I wish I would have known this sooner. If I did, my Nicole Miller dress that I wore for my cousin's wedding will not be sitting in my closet. The truth is that women rarely wear a "special occasion dress" twice. We will spend hundreds of dollars on that special dress and not wear it again. Now we can rent as many dresses as we want and still have the closet space for our everyday wears. The site is invitation only, but for a limited time you can sign up for the waiting list. Get yourself on it now !

No comments: