Monday, January 4, 2010

Awakened...

Last week which happened to be the last week of the year was the worse for me. I was so out of character, so cranky. Might have been the Lunar effect, or maybe it was the feeling of being stuck again. :shoulder shrug: Whatever it was calmed down as soon as I finished reading A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle. When I first started reading this book, it did state that it is in fact a life changing book. I expected to be changed a little but not as much as I have changed now.
In A New Earth, Tolle speaks about how the ego takes over the human mind causing dysfunction leading to things like anger, jealousy and unhappiness. Tolle also speaks about how to live in the NOW, not the past and future. The purpose of this book is to awaken you to figure out your life's purpose and become a more happier person. If you pick up A New Earth one day and do not find it interesting enough for your attention, then you are just not ready to become awakened. I on the other hand have been ready. I have woken up several times and told myself that something has got to change. I was tired of negative energy constantly being around me and not allowing me to be me. That is the first step of awakening; to be conscience of the negativity in your life.
Though the book has many touching moments throughout it, the last chapter of the book is what touched me the most it made me realize that "This, too, will pass." and it REALLY made me believe that things do happen the way they do for a reason.
Here is one from the many lessons in this book:
Three ways to align your life with the creative power of the universe:
  • Acceptance- For now this is what the situation is, this moment, requires me to do and so I do it willingly.
  • Enjoyment - When you make the present moment , instead of past and future, the focal point of your life, your ability to enjoy what you do and with it the quality of your life- increases dramatically.
  • Enthusiasm - deep enjoyment in what you do plus the added element of a goal or a vision that you work toward.
You must make sure that one of them is operating when performing a task in order to prevent creating suffering for yourself and others.


No comments: